How to juggle kids?

Myson has baseball practice and my daughter has ballet, not to mention all the other things I have to do to keep this family in order...Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have 5 kids and the main thing I have learned is to never over schedule them or you. If she does ballet then make sure its on days he doesnt have conflicting baseball and vice versa. Mine have played baseball and it is a bit early yet before practice starts isnt it? Use that time and get a moms management calendar and use it. Its helped me alot.

Answer by gemgem at 10:50 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• busy momI can't they are to heavy. LOL I just do the best I can, use a calendar and planner and try to to do to much on any given day.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 1:18 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• make some friends with the mom's whose kids are in class or on the team... this can help alot when you've got to be in two places at once!
    Christilaw

Answer by Christilaw at 1:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have four, and they are all in the same activity, in the same class, on the same day. I will only allow one activity at a time, because my kids need time to just be kids. Next spring they will all be in little league, When my son is doing pop warner football, my girls will be in cheerleading. I do not require any of these activities, but they don't get to send me all over town running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, so they can all have thier own class. It would just make things impossible. The playhouse here has several different classes going on at the same time, acting, dance and voice. Next door is music lessons at the same time. That is about as far as I am willing to go with choices. All thier activites have to be in the same place, at the same time, on the same day.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 1:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• VERY GENTLY!! I KNOW HOW HARD IT IS. WHEN MY THREE KIDS WERE IN LITTLE LEAGUE THEY ALL PLAYED ON DIFFERENT TEAMS AND I WAS RUNNING FROM ONE FIELD TO THE OTHER ALL THE TIME. NOT TO MENTION I WORKED 14 HRS A DAY MOST OF THE TIME. I WAS UP A 5 AM, DRINKING MY COFFEE IN PEACE, GOT THE KIDS UP AT SIX SO THEY COULD EAT THEIR COOKED BREAKFASTS, GOT THEM DRESSES FOR SCHOOL, HELPED MY HUSBAND FIND TH E CLOTHES HE WANTED TO WEAR, GOT EVERYBODY DELIVERED, HUSBAND DROVE TO WORK AND THEN I GOT DRESSED AND WENT TO WORK CAME HOME COOKED SUPPER, HELPED WITH HOMEWORK, HELPED THE KIDS WITH THEIR BATH'S, I HAD TO SHAMPOO THEIR HAIR, LET THEM WATCH TV OF 1/2 HR AND THEN I PUT THEM TO BED AND STARTED LAUNDRY, USUALLY GOT TO BED AT 1 AM!!! GOOD LUCK AND MAY GOD BE WITH YOU!! LOVE YA'LL, BILLIE MAE
    hurting58

Answer by hurting58 at 3:23 PM on Jan. 14, 2009