Why does she say this to me?

In the past Week we went out. Twice while out my Daughter told me My hair looks like an old lady! Another time I lookedl ike I had Horns! I always get many Good Kind Compliments on my Hair from Strangers Etc... I know lately with the cold & static it isn't Magazine Cover perfect but not Ugly either! NO. I can't Afford hair cuts or any appointments.. Etc.. But if others tell me out of no where how Pretty it is! Why does she Say its Ugly! I'm out & can't Fix it or change it! I feel Bad! DH tells mei ts as pretty as Ever.! I feel Hurt!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Because kids spout things out all the time. When I had just had my last child my son asked me how long it was going to take for me to stop being fat LOL. Talk about brutal honesty. It also depends on the age of the child. Teens are just mean, and tweens can also be.

Answer by gemgem at 10:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I agree , your child is being honest . Others are being kind.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I am suspicious that either she has heard someone say that about someone else and is just trying it out on you, or she realizes that she can control or manipulate you by saying it. I strongly suspect that she thinks no such thing about your hair but is either parroting or manipulating. You should be the judge about your hair, and especially since other adults tell you otherwise, and since children have their own styles that would not be suitable or becoming to adults, that you don't need to change. And don't dwell on it. It is normal to feel hurt, but consider the source. A child who admires green spiked hair may look at her mother and notice that the mother doesn't have green spiked hair.

Answer by Bmat at 10:56 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• She is probably telling you the truth while every one else are lying to you.laughing

I am just kidding...lol She does this for attention she wants to see your reaction. don't let her get to you she will soon stop.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• How old is your daughter? I have naturally curly hair and have had many bad frizzy days. He would say " you're having a crazy hair day aren't you mommy?" and usually on a day when i thought i looked good!! They don't mean anything by it.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 11:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Kids say the craziest things these days, "some" are 'usually' Honest! My 5 year old tells me all the time that my hair is beautiful, but let me get dressed, HA! I can have on a Red Shirt with White pants and I'm not Matching,, but let them get dressed on their own, she will put on a Purple Shirt, Pink Sweat pants, Yellow Socks, and Brown Shoes!!! Hummmm!!!!
    aniyasm

Answer by aniyasm at 12:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• mirror

Hi Linda, Was your daughter teasing you at the time? She has been thinking about it or would not have said anything to begin with. If she does this again ask her what she suggests you should do with your hair since she seems to know better than you. She will probably say she didn't mean anything by it and was just kidding.

cafeclubmom

Answer by cafeclubmom at 2:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• MEAN KID!
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 3:14 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• =( My aunt's 7 yo daughter once told her that her bathing suit wasn't very flattering, she used her own words but she was brutally honest.
    amber1216

Answer by amber1216 at 5:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My Daughter is 29!! I Love her to pieces!! I get compliements on my Hair Seriously like I Look like An Angel! A Real one! Or I Look like Barbie!! A Child Was sure I was Barbie once.. She just Saw Santa & saw me & she Was SO excited & blown Away! Another time I was out & Bored. DH was Busy.. So I sat there Bored & got 37 Hair complements! Nothing Better to do then to count them!! I know my Daughter has been Down & Depressed! DH says both of our Married Daughters like to take out their Frustrations out on me!! I can't Be the only one?
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:32 PM on Jan. 13, 2009