HE'S PULLING THE "I AM SO DEPRESSED" CRAP AGAIN. I TOLD HIM HE NEEDS 2 GET HELP & I CAN'T FIX THINGS 4 HIM. I TOLD HIM NOTHING: KICKING ME & KIDS [NOT HIS BTW] OUT & BEING MAD @ US & WANTING 2 GET A DIFFERENT JOB IS GOING TO CHANGE THINGS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• No you are not cruel. It sounds like living with an alcoholic. My ex was depressed sometimes and he got help for a while then he would feel better and quit. The counselor believed it was bipolar, but he wouldn't go to the doctor when he was happy. Just try not to play into it...go on with your own life as much as you can and be there for yr kids. Maybe he will get tired of missing out on everything. Mental Illness is a hard thing to deal with. It affects the spouse as much as it does the sick person.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I TOLD HIM HE HAS 2 BE THE 1 TO CHANGE IT & THAT STARTS W/ GETTING HELP! HE SAYS HE DOESN'T HAVE TIME, IT'S TOO EXPENSIVE, IT COULD TAKE AWAY HIS CDL LICENSE, ETC. I TOLD HIM THEN THAT HE NEEDS TO GET HELP OR SHUT UP. AM I TOO CRUEL? I HATE HIM SO MUCH RIGHT NOW! IT'S 1 EXCUSE AFTER ANOTHER!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Jan. 13, 2009