• In the Spotlight:

Coal miner ruining my washer, lol

My husband is a coal miner, and while the company washes his uniforms, they don't wash everything else, like the socks, and the jackets, etc. I tried running my washer in the hottest setting with some bleach, it got most of the black out but not all. Any ladies have some tips? Thanks!

lmh3820

Asked by lmh3820 at 10:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Home & Garden

• my husband use to do mechanic work on vehicles, both large and small and that grease from them was attrocious! but i used to add an ample amount of powdered spic and span along with my regular clothes soap, in the hottest water allowed for the fabric types, and that seemed to help with not only the clothing, but also the build up in my machine . worth a try...hope you can find something that will work for you...good luck and have a great day.
    nea1963

Answer by nea1963 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Try washing them in hot with double tide & a scoop of oxyclean. I would also have them agitate two minutes longer and soak them over night. Also remember dont soak them on the first run, run them through, wash again then let soak. Also your washer might get really nasty and stain from the coal. You might want to think about washing at a laundromat when possible.

Answer by gemgem at 11:03 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I use Amway's SA8 products and they work beautifully on oil and grease stains. They have a Tri-zyme which you soak your items first.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 5:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009