• In the Spotlight:

How can I keep my cats off my furniture?

GMR

Asked by GMR at 11:13 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Get rid of the cats. LOL

Cats are SO different than dogs. They don't "train" the same ways. The only thing I can think of is to get a squirt bottle of water and spray it at them when they get on your furniture. They'll run away. Eventually you can leave the squirt bottle in view and they'll steer clear of it.

But again, they are cats. Cats do what they want to do.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:22 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My cats are allowed on my couches and beds but not the tables or coutners. We used a spray bottle with water. Everytime they were caught on them, they got sprayed. It worked fine for us and my cats know better now.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My cat gets on everything. I have tried the spray bottle, which doesn't faze him. If I would let my cat, he would get into the shower with me. He has gotten in with my husband before. Never heard of a cat that actually liked water. I have put foil on the kitchen counters with duct tape, which is funny. That doesn't faze him either. Good luck, I guess I got a crazy cat.
    JD08

Answer by JD08 at 12:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Add a little vinegar to the water in the spray bottle. It has an icky taste (it won't hurt them).
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009