How would you react to this??? How would you take care of it?

What would you do if you walked into your family room and found your 16 yo dd with her boyfriend on top of her kissing her? This happened and I did not freak out I just told them to stop and I talked with them. I am just wondering what you ladies would have done or would you have handled it differently. I am looking for other suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I would tell the boy to get out of my house. Then I would probably lay in to my DD. About doing that kind of stuff in my house.

Answer by louise2 at 11:19 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I always deal with situations, especially uncomfortable ones, with humor. I'd probably say something like "whoa there big fella. You having trouble sitting up on your own? You need me to help you sit up?" I'd probably follow up with sitting down and joining them for the rest of the evening. I'd then talk with her after he left and tell her that was inappropriate. I'm guessing at 16 she's already been given the Talk about sex and birth control and self esteem and how important it is to save herself for the right man in her life...as an adult!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:21 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think you did the right thing...talking is good, but remember they are young and no matter what we say they either listen or not listen. There will be a time in their lives where they will be completly alone and decide to go to the next level so just keep talking to them about it and pray all works out. Teenagers are going to do what they want to do. Just keep a close eye on them.

Talk to your daughter as much as you can and give her examples. This might sound stupid to her but let her carry around a baby doll as if it was real and make her take care of it as if it was real and so on until she gets the picture. Just a suggestion. Hope this helps. GLgood luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Butterfly1108 thank you for your answer. She has actually had first hand experience with having a baby around because we ended up have our 2 youngest later in our marriage. She was 10 and 13 when her 2 youngest siblings were born. She was even at the hospital and watched the whole labor and delivery of her brother and sister. I had a friend said that having younger siblings and helping with them is the best birth control there is.
    Also ladies thank you for the responses.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think you did well. I would have forcefully removed him from my home LOL. I would talk to her about respect, boundries and little siblings in the house. Respect the home, if it isn't something that can be done in front of the family don't do it. Set your boundries, and remember everything she does the little ones will do also, they won't remember that sister was 16 when she was "kissing the boys" only that it happened, so it could lead to it happening earlier.

I really do think you did great!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have a boy and not a girl, but he cannot have girls in his room with the door closed and that he is not to "mess around" anywhere he would not want to walk in on me and DH messing around! Of course with my smarta$$ son we also had to ban him from our bedroom!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think you handled it great, I think that is what I would have done. Teens are going to be teens...and if we as parents let them think its wrong they are just going to go do it behind our backs. I agree with previous poster tell them that they don't need to mess around where I can see them. I got pregnant early and I think if my parents would have been more forth coming and didn't act like it was such a big deal I may have been more careful about getting pregnant.
    cherbear3317

Answer by cherbear3317 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think you handled it well. Good thing talking to both of them as they are both at fault. I would just make sure you lay down the rule that they are not to be alone with each other. Maybe talk to the boys parents as well
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 3:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009