Do you check out other women at the beach or pool and just wonder?

I wonder how some look so great so soon when their kids are obviously so young. I can't help but envy some of those stomachs.

Teachermom01

Asked by Teachermom01 at 3:53 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• I think that this is just a woman thing! I don't think it has anything to do with your tummy or theirs. Woman are naturally competitive! And woman are the harshest critics too. It's all because we are a lil jealous of her chest size or her booty or her flat stomach. But I think it's totally natural. But don't give yourself such a hard time! You just had a baby!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:12 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Yeah, even though I know that all it's going to take for me to get in shape like that is some "mouth control" and some serious exercise! LOL, no my dear, you are not alone in this!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 4:07 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Dont sweat it. Everyones body is different and you don't need to envy their bodies. They might have a good tummy but I'm sure that all of them is not perfect they might have flaws soewhere you cant see that are way worse than your flabby tummy!! lol j/p BTW I look at other womens bodies too and now I have realized that they aren't that great!!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Yep. In fact, I look at women more than men. I am usually checking out their clothes/style though..LOL.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Okay, this is probably terrible to admit, but I look more at the women who are bigger than me, and childless, and still wearing a tinier bikini. It makes me feel like, if they don't worry, why should I? BTW I live in a college town, where the women have money and I guess they just have a different attitude.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 8:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I've seen the bigger ladies too. I also wonder....how can they wear that. I think the word support must be missing from some of the suits. LOL
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Oh yeah... I constantly check them out, but try to be sly about it. And I'm sure they do the same -- I've had so many women compliment my legs, so I know they're checking me out too.

And some things are just genetic. Even when I was at my best physical shape, there are still some things you just can't mold or change about your body.
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 1:55 PM on Jul. 18, 2008

• I have seven sisters it has been in my life to be competitive about my body with them and my friends. I wish my boobs were a little bigger and I wear a 34 C. I want implants there is always something a woman wants.
    Anonymous

Anonymous