NFL NBA and Congress?

Do you think that congress has the right to try and say what goes on in professional sports?

I don't think they do. I think that they have other things they need to worry about and not what is going on with baseball and football players. I don't think they need to worry about who heads the associations of these sports, and how they are run. I mean they should be worrying about important things like health care, and making it affordable for everyone. Or our national deficit, or crap border security. Not what the hell is going on in the locker room..

CorCorsmomma

Asked by CorCorsmomma at 11:24 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• same here!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 3:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think you mean MLB? You said baseball players in your little bottom section but NBA in the question. But, I agree. Congress is going after football, baseball, and professional wrestling. I have an associates in Sport Management, so I have the core courses and this has been discussed in and out in the one class that I had Science and Wellness. Well, okay so we are targeting 3 sports? What about all of the rest? I'm not big on the government playing big brother in this situation when the commissioners and owners are already taking care of the problem with Wellness Programs. I haven't read about the NFL and MLB's plans yet but I have read a lot about World Wrestling Entertainment's policy and have seen it working, so I am sure the NFL and MLB have made something comparable.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:47 AM on Jan. 14, 2009