Why doesn't my baby enjoy tummy time?

My baby Hates tummy time. She doesn't like to be on her stomach for more than 4 minutes at the MAX. I need help

MillysMom19

Asked by MillysMom19 at 3:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• t's a normal phase for most babies. Keep trying but don't push it. There will be some days she will go 5 minutes and some days she will fuss as soon as she gets close to the ground lol. Let her move at her own pace, all babies are different. Be sure to continue offering it though.
    Carri2362

Answer by Carri2362 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• my son also hated it! It's just a phase that they go through....keep trying though, it'll get better!
    Denise859

Answer by Denise859 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My son hated it to. Cried every time! I kept offering it and he will now stay there about 2 or 3 minutes...that's all and he's five months. It helps some if you lay on the floor with them so they're not alone.
    mysweetalex

Answer by mysweetalex at 5:09 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Totally normal. My 3 month old had to do a long phase of short tummy times in before she finally started enjoying it. Just like you said, she would last for about 5 minutes before she got really frusterated and started screaming. But, If I turned her over when she was mad, and only did tummy time about 2 times a day. eventually she started lifting her head all the way, even pulling her chest up with her arms and when she reached that point it stopped frustrating her so much because she could see whats going on withought hurting her little neck :)
    Hannah-Belle

Answer by Hannah-Belle at 5:16 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Put a mirror in front of her. Mine loved the mirror during tummy time.
    PurpleNurples

Answer by PurpleNurples at 5:34 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• My baby is 7 mos and hates it too. I found that if I put him on his back and place a toy a little out of reach he rolls onto his tummy on his own to grab the toy and doesnt get upset.
    TysMommy125

Answer by TysMommy125 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• my daughter had reflux and absolutely did not want to be on her tummy! she started crying after 1 minute...i kept trying, keeping her on her tummy for up to 5 minutes at a time, but she just kept on crying. it the end, she started crawling without ever staying on her tummy! she learned to sit up, then she just leaned over front-ways onto her hands, then flipped her legs around and started crawling...that tummy never touched the floor! so keep trying, but don't worry about it if your baby never gets past a couple minutes. it may not be comfy on the tummy, but crawling will happen anyway! hope this helps!
    tstep972

Answer by tstep972 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 18, 2008