Does Hamas care about the well being of the people of Gaza?

Golda Meir once said "We (Israel) will only have peace whent he Arabs love their children more than they hate ours."Does Hamas care more about killing Israelis or about taking care of the citizens of Gaza.

teacher-mom

Asked by teacher-mom at 11:40 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope. Hamas has ONE interest in mind: to destroy Israel. They couldn't care less about the well being of Palestinians as long as they know how to blow themselves up in a Jerusalem bus. They started a civil war in Palestine to get control of the land, and they did- they control the Gaza strip. But not because they wanted soemthing better for their Palestinian brothers, but because it's perfectly located to send missile after missile to Israel. That's the ONLY thing they care about.
    And BTW... Golda Meir was 100% right. Poor Palestinian moms are brainwashed by these terrorists into feeling happy and proud that their sons get themselves blown up.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 5:39 PM on Jan. 15, 2009

• Hamas is the only ones fighting to protect the people of Gaza right now, and the only ones that were fighting for their freedom before. I'd say Hamas cares about Gaza.
    Anonymous

• Hamas doesn't care about anything or anyone but their own terrorist beliefs and agenda! They care more about killing Israelis than than protecting Gaza! They will attempt to murderously eradicate Israel at ALL costs!!  If Hamas DID love their children more than they hate Israels, then there wouldn't be a problem!!

blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Although I don't agree with their methods (which by the way have caused less harm then Israel methods) I do believe that they are fighting to protect the people of Gaza. No one else seems to care about what happens to them.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It would seem Israel is much more interested in murderously eradicating Gaza at all costs than the other way around. Or perhaps years of occupation, followed by years of seige, followed by a deadly and unjust invasion are to be ignored and forgotten?
    Anonymous

• Nope. Hamas doesn't care about anything except killing Jews.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Hamas would sacrifice its own babies on an alter if they thought it would destroy Israelis. I heard some women in my area at a local protest yelling "back to the ovens." My grandmother survived the Holucaust and her entire family including infant were gassed and incinerated in an oven. It was offensive. I walked up to her and let her know what happened to my grandmother. She laughed and said all Christians and Jews should die. This was in Southern California two blocks from my house. This woman had a sign supporting Hamas. Hamas and anyone who supports Hamas is about hate and they don't give a crap about anything other than exterminating Jews.

Anonymous

• I would like to just step in here and say something- One thing people don't understand is that not all Palestinians are Hamas. Many people believe that, but it's NOT true! It's like when people say, "All Iraqis are terrorists". They're not! Many are just people, wanting to live their lives & raise their children, just like you and me. They are not all hate-filled war mongers.
    Hamas is a terrorist organization that is only concerned with their own agenda (similar in that way to Al-Quada). IMO, they are not concerned with protecting ANYONE except themselves so that they can promote their hatred on anyone else.
    The Right To Be Human In Palestine is an excellent group, with many wonderful members who can explain things a million times better than I can. There is an excellent link to the history of Palestine there.

emslala

Answer by emslala at 2:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Hamas is concerned with their agenda only. Otherwise, why would the purposely break the cease-fire, knowing full well what Israel's response would be?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• They are terrorists. They dont care about anyone.

Answer by gemgem at 3:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009