Baby in ower bed.

We found out that ower 8 month old has astma so she was sleeping in ower bed for about a month now because we got worried and she would not stop cough so to watch her we brought her in ower bed so I couldhear her. My fiancee now has to rock her to sleep and puts her to bed she wakes up at 12 and than 3 when shes up at 3 its for like an hour and all shell do is whine and cry. I dont know what to do. I give her a bottle and usually shell fall back to sleep but latly she hasnt been. When she was first born that was one thing that I made sure that she has a set schdule and she feel asleep by herself in her crib and she did that until recently. im running out of things to do. I need some alone time with my fiancee.

BabyGirl5808

Asked by BabyGirl5808 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• co-sleeping is a really bad habit. we dont do that, because of the fact that the little munchkins get used to it too fast and of course its hella dangerous.

i understand that she had to sleep in your room because of the asthma, but in the same bed?! thats even more dangerous, because of her illness.

Well, all you can do is, take her bed in your bedroom, put her bed close to your bed, so she can see you and touch u if needed. Get her used to her own bed.

its gonna take forever probably :-/

A friend of mine has the same problem. Her son wont sleep in his own bed, much less in his own room... since 1 1/2 years. They tried everything and nothing worked yet.

i wish you good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Thats the first that I said that I would never let her sleep with me only because I know how hard it is to break. Weve being going thru her screaming at night trying to put her to bed in her own bed. This is the worst thing i could have ever done
    BabyGirl5808

Answer by BabyGirl5808 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Actually co-sleeping is good to a point and with the right precautions (like a co-sleeping bed attachment). Once a baby reaches a certain age (like right now, for her) it is best they sleep in their own bed, preferably in their own room....

OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 11:59 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• She is creating a new habit, not a good one either. You need to go to a real schedule, in her own bed, in her own room. Get a baby monitor. If you have the $$ get one with a screen, so you can see her. If you continue this habit will get worse and harder to break.

Yes she will cry at first. But let her cry for 30 min or so, then if she is still screaming quietly sooth her w/out talking, turning lights on, or disturbing her. Then put her back down. You will probably be doing that repetitively for a while. But it will be worth it in the end. Just be sure to get extra rest for yourself, you may be up off and on till you break this habit of hers.

OneLove4Jesus

• Babygirl, it takes time but it will pass. Just be consistant from here on out.

My sister is learning this the hard way now too...

OneLove4Jesus

Answer by OneLove4Jesus at 12:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Its not at all the I dont want her sleeping in ower bed( I mean to an extent) its more of scared of rolling over on her or elbowing her. thing like that. Her bed is her bed and thats where she belongs. Its just the pushing I have to do to make it work. I know shell get out of it but it might just take time and I have to have the patience for it. I want to break it now before it gets any worse
    BabyGirl5808

Answer by BabyGirl5808 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• get a babysitter one u know and can trust take time to ur selves go out leave numbers incase something happens so they can get ahold of u fast if anything happens
    nikkicorbett

Answer by nikkicorbett at 12:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• make sure they know what they r doing u could always use this website i found it shows how well the babysitter does what she does and knows how to do and they also prescreen the pepole who get thereill give it to u if u want the web just message me
    nikkicorbett

Answer by nikkicorbett at 12:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009