Does anyone know of a government grant site that is legit?

Every now and then I see people talking about how they got government grants that they dont have to pay back. I was wondering if anyone has done this and where did you go to get started?

CindyJ1982

Asked by CindyJ1982 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• You dont have to pay back any government grant. I get a pell grant every year because I am in college. I get around $4800 a yr to help pay for things like living expenses, new computers or anything school related, even paying my cable bill is school related because I use the net to get things for class.
    You can get information on grants at the local library. Pick up some books about them and ask the librarian. There are many different kinds out there. You can get a grant for opening a business, writing a book, going back to college etc.

Answer by gemgem at 11:52 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Not that's not gonna charge you HUGE fees... I tied one of those 10 day free trials to see if I qualified for anything. And they charged me on day 7... Then when I called to cancel they said that it was only a 7 day trial and I was already billed. There was no way to refund me... I had to pay $75.

My advice... Steer clear of them...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I've also tried some of the free trials. NEVER give out your credit card information. Try your local small business association.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Hi,

Check this out, it contains a portion about government grants, if might interest you.  www.squidoo.com/getmecredit

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009