I have a ten month old boy and recently he has gotten really naughty. He has started biting but he only bites me I asked the doctor what I can do and she said to pat his mouth and say "no bite" but when I do that he just laughs and does it again. We have problems with the word "no" whenever he hears it he laughs and keeps doing it or he screams and throws a tantrum I had no idea that he would have such bad habit at this age. Does anyone have any pointers on how to discipline

How do I disciplin My 10 month old???

hjl85

Asked by hjl85 at 4:04 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put him down. He bites, say "ouch that hurt" with a frown and put him down. Leave him alone for a few. If he comes to you, you can pick him up and start fresh. I have done this with my 9mo old and it seems to be working. I learned that he was biting me b/c he didn't want to be held. When I put him down, most of the time he would just go crawling off and play. HTH
    Carri2362

Answer by Carri2362 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i dont have kids YET im pregnant but ihave many nieces and nephews and little cousins... and alot of time when you say NO or anything in a negative way like that, they dont really recognize and understand it and laugh.. if they do just laugh when u say no, i would stop saing no and put him in time out ... without saying anything else.
    Anonymous