Is there a way to advertise a home business somewhere on here? I am new and trying to find my way around.

I am a single mom with with a personlized party favor business in a new state and looking to offer my services to new clients. Thanks for your help!

Chriscreationz

Asked by Chriscreationz at 12:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Hi Chriscreationz,

You can talk about your business on your homepage, or you can add a journal post, just make sure that journal post is flagged correctly. You can also post about your business in groups that allow advertising -- be sure to check the group guidelines. You can send messages to moms who specifically ask about your business, but shouldn't randomly message moms through the site.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

^The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 12:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I would love to find out how to do that, I also have a homebased business I would like to advertise. Can I put the website in my signature box?
    rneill

Answer by rneill at 12:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Can I put the website in my signature box?

You can add your website to your signature. Just be sure to read the guidelines in the groups you visit. Many including most of the cafemom owned ones don't allow advertising or linking to outside sites in a signature. You can post journals flagged for the market place. They don't get as many readers as open forum journals but it does show up on your friend's activity lists and on your profile so people stopping in can view info on your business oe product. Your best bet would be to theme your profile around your business. You be active in your groups, comment on journals and answers, or play scavenger hunt games to drive traffic to your page with being a hard sell.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 7:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009