Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lost paycheck

I just realised I lost a paycheck. I recieved it a couple weeks ago, and just cannot find it. I no longer work for the employer. Can I ask for another one? How do I handle this?


Asked by epoh at 12:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 6 (146 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • yes you should ask them.

    make them cancel the other pay check or let them talk to your and their bank. there should be a way to get you your paycheck.

    Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

  • yes they can reissue the check to you they will look into it to see if it was cashed then if it wasnt they will give you another one

    Answer by symonesmom at 12:11 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

  • yep, what they said. i'm not sure how it works exactly with an employer, but i know it costs money to cancel a check, so keep in mind they may deduct that from your paycheck. definitely let them know though and it'll get worked out so you get paid. they need to know anyway, because if you don't cash the check, then that means you were working without getting paid, which is illegal and could cause them problems

    Answer by llansky at 1:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009