So if everything has a creator....?

If everything has a creator/designer, than who/what created god? If something cannot come from nothing, than where did god from?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 12:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The laws that apply here on Earth don't necessarily apply to God. We only assume he had to be created by something because that's all we know.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• That is what makes him God, the one and only. He created everything from absolutely nothing. No one or nothing created Him. He always was, is and will be! How awesome!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 12:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You say that the laws here on earth don't apply to god, but how do you know what laws god lives by? How can you? And why is it so easy for you to assume god always was, is and will be, and can create something from nothing, but you cannot believe that the universe always was, is and will be, and everything came from nothing?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It's easy for us because that's just what we believe.

Turn the question around. Why is it so easy for you to believe the Earth always was, is, and will be but that it's not possible that someone much greater created it all?

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• God is energy...energy cannot be created nor destroyed. That is how I believe anyway.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 12:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• But you see Renee, that's my entire problem with religion. All the questions can be turned around and interpreted to mean anything you want it to mean. So what's the ultimate point? If it can't be tested, than why bother with it at all?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Because I don't believe the universe was before God...I believe he created it too. I believe that he created everything from ABSOLUTELY nothing! Also as a Christian woman I believe that one day when we die we go to heaven and then after that when the world comes to an end He will create a new earth, if I believe that He is willing to do it when I die, why not trust that He did it the first time! I hope this helps. The bottom line is FAITH.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 12:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• anetrnlov, I somewhat agree with you. However, I don't think that energy created anything, nor do I think it knows, or even cares about our existence. So why waste so much energy worshipping it?
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 12:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Some people have a issue with religion, and God and religion are not the same thing. God is, and religion is why you believe, what you believe, and how you do it. I hope this makes a bit of sense. Good Luck and I hope you get the answers you need!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I don't have religion, I have faith. Faith is believing in something you can't see. Many Christians, if not ALL, can feel it. You can't deny the feeling.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009