If I only 8,His past year and i have two kids how much is my EIC.......

I made 8,000 and I claim zero on taxes and have 2 children does anyone know about what ill be looking at gettin back this year? I reside in virginia if that helps..

Thank You So Much

angelamonjes322

Asked by angelamonjes322 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Complete your return. Then you will know.
    Anonymous

• probbaly around 5000, which i don't thin is fair, you shouldn't get what you didn't pay. we have to pay in every yr b/c my hubby chose to go to college for 8 yrs, have a 120k student loan and makes 100k+ a yr so we have to pay in for lower income to get back
    Anonymous

• Anon suck on it, life isn't fair and OP, no one can really tell you, just get it done by a professional.
    Anonymous

Welll im a single mom and i only make 8000 a year not 100k+.So I dont feel as though im cheating ne1
    angelamonjes322

Answer by angelamonjes322 at 12:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Angel you don't need to defend yourself. Your income qualifies for certain things.she is just ignorant

Anonymous

• Thanks alot.
    angelamonjes322

Answer by angelamonjes322 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• EIC is welfare!!!!! I worked at a tax office for many years and seen women work 2 months out of the year just to get EIC. When you get more EIC than you made for the year you are living off of the gov. I bet you love your new pres. Obama more gov. freebies enjoy your free medical food stamps and welfare. I work so you don't have to!!! Have fun sitting at home on cafemom and let the money roll in.
    Anonymous

• LOLOLOL
    Anonymous

• I went to the IRS's website. They don't have the calculator up for the EIC for 2008, but according to the calculator last year you would be getting $2,270. You wouldn't get the whol $5,000 because you actually have to make over a certain amount to qualify for the full EIC. (I can't remember exactly how much it is, but DH and I got it a couple years ago, but we made about $22,000.)
    melamommy24

Answer by melamommy24 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• its ignorant to have a good job and get nothing back? I have always thought it was stupid to get more back than you actually gave in taxes. After all isn't it called a refund?
    Anonymous