do u all.

hi there do any of u have step kids?i have step daughter she took her sisters candy bar money 4 school her dad did nothing, i told him she needs to b grouned he didnt say a word. what would u all do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Oh hell no. He needs to do something or more problems will be there in the future. I would make her work it off some how too. He also needs to talk with her mother and be on the same page as her.

Anonymous

• Do the SD's live with you? You should just inform their dad on what has happened. and leave it at that.

Answer by louise2 at 12:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think that negative or inappropriate bahavior should have consequences as well as positive should be rewarded. And I agree with anon1213 that there could be a lot of future problems if this isn't stopped now because it sends the wrong message that she can play one of you against the other.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 12:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My SS lives with us, and I discipline him as I would my own. If a spanking is needed, I wait for his dad, but as for day to day punishments, we work as a team. I send him to his room, ground him, take away TV, whatever I would do with my own when he does something he shouldn't.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 12:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Her little ass would be working it off and repaying the money. She has to be taught there are consequences to her actions. Is dad gonna wait until she gets arrested for shoplifting or stealing money out of his wallet before he steps in and says something? Nip it in the bud now before there is a big problem later.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009