Any suggestions

I am considering changing over to more green and lessdangerous cleaning products. I just dont want these chemicals around in my house anymore. Even though they are safely locked away i just dont like using them anymore. Any sugstions on what to switch too? I have seen the seventh generation products but i was even thinking of something even better and safer

JNLmomme09

Asked by JNLmomme09 at 11:33 AM on Jan. 5, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Get one of those steam cleaners. If the steam is hot enough you can clean everything with it. The steam will kill germs, too.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:35 AM on Jan. 5, 2012

• Vinegar and water clean just about anything

luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:37 AM on Jan. 5, 2012

• white vinegar, baking soda, tea tree oil, peroxide.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 11:41 AM on Jan. 5, 2012

• I had one of those steam cleaners i always felt like it sprayed more of the germs around rather then killing them?
    Question for tye vinegar users how do you cut the smell of the vinegar?
    JNLmomme09

Comment by JNLmomme09 (original poster) at 11:45 AM on Jan. 5, 2012

• Join one of the organic natural lifestyle groups on here - you will learn LOTS! You can also make a lot of cleaning products at home that are safe, cheap, and effective. Good for you and good luck! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:17 PM on Jan. 5, 2012

• when the vinegar dries, the smell is gone - it does not stick around like some cleaners.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 3:20 PM on Jan. 5, 2012

• use vinegar, It works for almost everything. Way cheaper too. You can even steam clean carpets with it. Unlike carpet cleaner it does not attract dirt, so basically after you steam clean the carpet cleaner stays in your rugs and attracts all the dirt from pets and shoes and makes your carpets dirty faster. Vinegar leaves no residue!
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 3:38 PM on Jan. 5, 2012