Need to vent!!!!

I've gone through jobs like my underpants! I've had several failed attempts with interviews and got laid off one time. My SO knows I'm upset and very discouraged about it. But no, he keeps saying "Stay home with the baby and clean the house." Well today, I had planned to go job hunting today(his day off) and now he won't stay with the baby because he wants to take his mom job hunting. My blood is seriously boiling(its not that I don't want her to get a job, I do). But I don't know what he has against helping me!!! I've worked my ass off looking through papers, internets, going door to door, with NOTHING!!! Its even causing me depression. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I do! Am I seriously being unreasonable?!

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Umm his mommy is a big girl and she can go her damn self. His child and you come first and you need to tell him that bS
    Anonymous

• I agree with the PP. I HATE mommy boys and that's all I seem to find! UGH!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• MIL is looking for a job just like you. Why couldn't he bring both of you at the same time.

Sound to me like he doesn't want you to work.

Answer by louise2 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If I didn't have my son, I'd do the job hunting all by my damn self but he's an obstacle. He can't take care of himself and daddy seems to forget that. :-/

When he gets home, I'm going to look. I hope he gets back in time.

LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• He has every right to not want you to work and want you to be a wife and mother. And to raise your child instead of someone else doing your job.
    Anonymous

• For one thing, I'm going to school next fall and need the money for books. I actually want to go somewhere and get a career. Thank you smarty anonymous!!
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• This maybe a dumb ?, but if he is just driving his mother around why can't he take the baby with him? I mean I know it's not the best day for baby, but you really cannot take him/her to fill out applications. Or is it that you have 1 car and he is taking that?
    Anonymous

• Anon 11:44 seriously. are we still in the 40s when women had to stay at home while the man left the house? I love working outside the home. it gives us financial freedom, and family time is awesome! I only work part time and I think it has made us an even stronger family because we appreciate the time together instead of thinking of it as work beign home!
    quote"He has every right to not want you to work and want you to be a wife and mother. And to raise your child instead of someone else doing your {{{{{{{{Job}}}}}}}."
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 1:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• He should have stayed with the baby and you and your MIL could have gone together to look for jobs. I know when my husband complains about holding the baby or watching him I tell him I didn't push it out so he could ignore it! He didn't have to carry a fetus for 9 months and then go through all that, did he? No!
    You have as much as a right to a job as anyone else. I agree with the part time idea. That's what I want.
    Communication is key here. :)
    Good luck!
    SeansMommy1108

Answer by SeansMommy1108 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009