Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help for single mothers?

If i am thinking about leaving my husband, and wanting to taake my son with me, what help is available threw the state, for single mothers? My husband is a great father but he has many problems with drugs and alcohol! and he will NOT see ANYONE to help tha situation! He doesnt think we need anyone to tell us what our problems are and how to fix them? I have no where eles to go with my son, so i was wondering what i could do to still stay at home with my son, but get away from this situation that i will NOT raise my son in a situation like this!!! Thanks!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (2)
  • If you can afford to live on child support and alimony, there's always that. I don't know of any other way to sit home with your child and not need to work. Things like welfare require that you do something to improve your situation or better your life in some way, so you might want to consider going to school full-time online unless you already have a degree. Based on income you might also meet the requirements for food stamps.


    Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

  • I am going thru this as well, I just got on Housing assistance, they help pay your rent depending on income. I got on WIC, food stamps, day care assistance. There is alot out there and I am not abuisng them but using the help until I can get on my feet again! There is alot out there to help you!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.