Is it normal that my 22 month old daugther cries to the point where she makes herself throws up?

adriannasmom07

Asked by adriannasmom07 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Normal for a kid who throws fits. Yeah. She is probably just stubborn. Teach her to use it for good and not evil...And brace yourself for the teenage years.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I would discuss this with the pediatrician. I thought it was normal too. Only one of my children did it. He is now eleven and dealing with sensory integration dysfunction. I wish I would have recognized the signs earlier. Look into that. HTH GOOD LUCK!
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My mom said that I used to do that very thing when I was this age. My son has never done this, but I have heard from other moms that their kiddos do the same thing. Maybe just try to see what triggers that type of frustration and do your best to avoid it? I wish you much luck!
    MamaCass07

Answer by MamaCass07 at 12:42 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think it can be normal, but I would still discuss it with your childs doctor. My 22 month old will do that sometimes, and although I think it stems from her being strong willed she also has extreame allergies and sometimes she has reactions to food that make her act in odd ways. We are still doing testing to find out what foods cause her to go crazy, instead of breaking into hives and having an asthma attack.
    Alaska_Moma

Answer by Alaska_Moma at 12:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think it is pretty normal, too. I know if I have a good cry, it makes my stomach upset. If you are too worried, talk to your child's doctor about it.
    I think my mom said I did this sometimes, too.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 1:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• my daughter does this when she gets mad or if her brothers or anyone makes her cry she throws up. it kinda gets on my nerves but i deal with it, with my other kids they didnt do this she is the first. Glad to know she is not the only child but yes she is also 22months
    mommy19741974

Answer by mommy19741974 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 15, 2009