ok i found out that i was 2 and half almost 3 months pregnant and i just recently had a miscarriage and my boyfriend is in rehab gettin his life back together and i dont know how to tell him this casue he doesnt even know that i was pregnant how do i tell him????

Kristin0414

Asked by Kristin0414 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Just tell him "Guess what? Im pregnant". And emphasize how perfect since hes getting his life back together and a new life just solidifies starting over with new and amazing positive ways of life.

Answer by gemgem at 12:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I will guess it is you BF's baby? The easiest way to tell him is, just flat out tell him. " I'm Pregnant".

Answer by louise2 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Tell him, "We got lucky, because you are not in any kind of shape to become a father now". And I will bet he won't be too broken up about it.
    Anonymous

• are you involved in his treatment? - it might be something you want to discuss with his counselor before telling him, they should be able to help you gage when he will be ready from a recovery standpoint
    tmcewen

Answer by tmcewen at 12:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• oh my gosh i hope he stays clean if you intend on keeping this baby. just don't abort it if he says thats what he wants you to do. just tell him out right. i'm pregnant.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think some of you may be reading the question wrong, or maybe I am reading it wrong. From what I read she is saying she found out that she was pregnant then she had a miscarriage, her bf is in rehab, so should she tell him that she was even pregnant in the first place, or will the news of her being pregnant then miscarrying have a negative effect on his treatment?
    *I think that you should tell him, I'm not sure that the right time/place to tell him would be when he's in rehab though. Maybe wait until he is at a point in his treatment where he will be able to handle that kind of news and keep on track with whatever else he is dealing with. I think it's good adivce to talk to councelors where he is getting treatment. Good luck, and remember that everything happens for a reason, keep your head up!
    usmcmom29

Answer by usmcmom29 at 12:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• wait does the question ask how to tell him ur pregnant ; or that u WERE pregnant but had a miscarriage?
    Anonymous

• thats wat i thought the question said lol ; but hey comming from a persons point of view who is in recovery [ yes im in recovery ] i would discuss it with his counsler and maybe she can have a session with you guys to tell him ; i think if u just go and tell him urself it might disrupt his recovery while in treatment ; but if u had the "third party" there ; especially his counsler than she might be able to work with him better and would have a heads up on whats going on ya kno ;
    Anonymous

• He would just feel badly for not being there to support you during this time and he might relapse out of guilt. Sometimes we have to carry our own burdens for a while. Perhaps you have friends or family who can be supportive of you until such time he is ready to accept what happened and remain strong. What he is going through is traumatic for him as well so let him deal with what he's dealing with right now. He can be supportive at a later time. If you need to talk there are many of us here who are here to support you through your loss. CM might even have a group for women who have recently gone through a miscarriage.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Sorry I did read it wrong....Sense he didn't know you were pregnant in the first place. I wouldn't tell him right away. If ever.

Answer by louise2 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2009