almost my due date, and i found a little blood.

i was up all night due to contractions (nothing new), but i went to the bathroom and there were like two tiny little spots of blood in my underpants. now i heard a million different things like, because of all the activity in me, it could be tearing, or a little spot is ok. but this is my first pergnancy (20 some days left) so anything that goes wrong- i go into sheer panic mode! so whats up? is this ok or something to contact the doctor about?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your probably fine alittle spoting that late is kind of normal but to be on the safe side call your dr and let him know. It will make you feel better if he can reassure you everything is fine.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had some mucus come out with blood in it the dr said it was my plug i said ok well the next day I woke up and there was A LOT of blood when I went to the bathroom and in didnt go away. I had my daughter that night but not because of te bleeding it stopped before I even got to the hospital. But My labor started a couple hours after the bleeding.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 12:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I did the same thing 2weeks b4 my due date and i ended up having my baby the next day.
    Anonymous

• It sounds like it may be the mucus plug trying to disconnect... which is basically the clot that plugs up your cervix so the baby isn't affected from the outside elements... watch for more blood, if you have anything more that a teaspoon, I'd call the OB. Until then, do your best to prepare for your life to change!

; ) Congrats!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I had spotting at least once a month through my pregnancy. If you have had intercourse in the past few days that could also be why you are spotting a little. But you don't have anything to worry about. Now if you have a red thick glob fall out, then you need to contact your doctor. You could be going into labor soon after that. When I say soon I mean it could be from a few minutes to a few days.

your fine
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 1:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009