should i take her?

ok my sis in law is about 16 i think. i here her on the phone the way she talks to her boyfriend. it brings back memories. (they live with us) well i taked to dh about takin her to put her in some birth control and he says no cuz her daddy would freak out on me. i got pregnant when i was 15 had a misscarriage and then again at 17. i talked to her about it and she says she is scared of her daddy. he has got a REAL BAD TEMPER!!! i told her i would get it put under my name but she is still kinda freaked out. what would u do? her momma is against it too for some reason.

lil_ferfer

Asked by lil_ferfer at 12:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i wouldnt do anything you want to help her but her parents apparently want her to get pregnant i wonder if they will help take care of the baby? you could do it while they are at work or something no one needs to know but you and her
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If both parents are against it I wouldn't, considering that it is a medication. However I would go buy her a box of condoms-that way she is also protected against diseases.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think that she needs to be protected, and you are wonderful to think about taking her.

Do you have a Planned Parenthood in your area? If so, take her there. Then you will not worry about having to put her under your name or anything like that, it can be all her and they won't tell her parent's a darn thing. Hell, even if she is in the back being seen, and they come up and ask if she is there, they will say "I am not sure. Let me go check." and come back and ask her, and if she says not to tell them, they won't.

The BC is free, and so are the regular check-ups, pregnancy tests, and STD testing. Really look into it. And if her parents DO find out and get mad, tough shit, you are doing the right thing for their daughter. They are being retarded thinking that ignoring it will make it go away.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• good idea carolynbarnett
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 12:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I understand where she is comin from, but then not to go against her parents. but honestly I would take her, she can keep it secret for now. I started having sex at 15 myself...and luckily my mom was understanding enough to take me and put me on the pill so we wouldn't have any unplanned babies. I am thankful for that, I have been with the same guy since, we now have our 1st son...so anyways I would do it, i myself don't trust condoms and even if she doesn't have sex....just in case she will be protected!!
    courtneyln

Answer by courtneyln at 1:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• YES, DO IT! BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY.

Answer by older at 1:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I would not go against her parents, but this is something she can do on her own. I dont think she needs their permission. I would not voluntarily interfere but I would let her know that she does have options. Just let her know that she needs to protect herself and leave it at that. Also maybe trying to talk to her mom and let her know that burying her head in the sand never works. I would know. That approach might help. After that...let them deal with it on their own. I would be furious if someone interfered with my child.. but then again....I am not unwilling to deal with my teen.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Just give her condoms unless she gets the shot or something that won't give it away that she's on bc. You also might want to tell her not having sex is great birth control. Just a thought

Answer by admckenzie at 3:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Don't go against her parents wishes. It's not your right. Heck, you don't even know how old she is exactly.
    Anonymous

• you said she lives with you? um if she's living with you her parents don't have a damn say! take her to get it done...due to the HIPPA laws..privacy laws they can't say ne thing to the parents.the only way they would find out is if you or her told her..my sister is 17 and has been pregnant twice..one abortion and one miscarriage! if my dad would have put her on BC after the first time it wouldn't have happened again!! but he didn't want to admit that his daughter was growing up!!!
    AustinsMommy306

Answer by AustinsMommy306 at 3:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009