cramping at 31 weeks???

i am almost 31 weeks and ahve an irritable uterus. the cramping is getting more frequent in the last 2 hours and close together. feels like period cramps and some sharp pains on the top of my belly. any other mommies experience this? what could it be? my ffn test was negative a week ago and i ahve a dr apt tomorrow. thanks for the answers

carli24

Asked by carli24 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• could just b what they call braxton hicks fake contractions just your body getting ready for the real contractions or your baby's head droping further doing ready for birth but if you r in a lot of pain i would suggest getting checked out by the hospital
    rachenali

Answer by rachenali at 4:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I had this alot during my second pregnancy. It is most likely braxton-hicks. If that is indeed what it is, it will probaby ease off if you lie down and elevate your feet, or lie on your left side. They tend to get worse with more activity. My MIL is a Certified Nurse Midwife and educated me alot on these things.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I had cramping. Midwife told me that I was to eat a bannana a day and drink have a glass of RED wine at dinner.
    Mom_2_a_Monkey

Answer by Mom_2_a_Monkey at 4:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2008