How can i get my son to sleep?

My son is 10 mos old and in this phase the past few days that he does not want to sleep.He fights naps and last night he even woke up at 1am and was laughing and trying to play.i could not get him back to sleep until 4:30am!i've tryed a bottle swaddling him, letting him cry it out it seems nothing works.If your clid went through this how long did it last?please help...i'm exhausted!

MattysMommy143

Asked by MattysMommy143 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he was just playing and laughing in the crib at 1am- I wouldn't have gone in there at all...now he knows if he wakes up he gets an extra few hours of mommy time! I have my kids on a baby video monitor til they are over 2yo - so I can keep an eye on them and know when they actually need me or not. My kids still nap at 4 & 2 1/2 yrs old. Its possible your baby is going from 2 naps to 1- this transition time is difficult- but just put them down in between there old 2 nap times and eventually it should work itself out (can take a while). Make your bedtime routine the same every night- ours is, music/dance time (burn that last bit of energy : ), bath, bottle & story and bed. Its the same everynight...kids thrive on a schedule- it helps them know whats next. Good luck
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 1:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009