• In the Spotlight:

How can i get my son to sleep?

My son is 10 mos old and in this phase the past few days that he does not want to sleep.He fights naps and last night he even woke up at 1am and was laughing and trying to play.i could not get him back to sleep until 4:30am!i've tryed a bottle swaddling him, letting him cry it out it seems nothing works.If your clid went through this how long did it last?please help...i'm exhausted!

MattysMommy143

Asked by MattysMommy143 at 12:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my dd went through a couple of night of this. my dh was away at his father's funeral, i was staying with my parents.. it was just bad... so finally i caved and give just a dab of benedryl in her bottle. (this is after my mom i took turns rocking her, driving her around, walking with her, etc. my mom gave up at 2 on the second morning) i gave maybe .25ml... if that... it barely filled up the above the tip of the dispenser. but it calmed her down enough that she could relax and give in to the sleep. i have used other methods, but i know people would jump all over me for those. good luck. and if worse comes to worse, just put the baby in the crib, close the door, go to your room, shut the door and take a short nap. if there is nothing in the crib with the baby, he will be fine.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009