Do you have to work to get on child care?

my ex and i just split up and i was a stay at home mom, well i need to go back to work, but i heard that you have to have a 30 hr week job and you hae to bring a pay stub to prove it..

i have NO WHERE to take her for the week of working..

is this true??

oh and i live in Texas if that makes a difference

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Can you can get a letter of employment to prove you've been hired?
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Don't know about TX but in NC DSS will help you help you find a job and they will work with you on child care while you are out searching. I would just make a call to your local DSS and see what they tell you. Good luck to you, hope you find a job soon!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 1:00 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I don't recall having to do that with my day care. Call a few centers and ask them the requirements for enrolling. Also, try home day cares as they tend to be more flexible
    Anonymous

• i am not sure. my next door neighbor is on welfare, has two older kids in school, her boyfriend works but she doesn't and she takes her son(who is 1 yr old) to day care almost everyday.... so not sure. it does vary by state. but if you contact your local department of welfare they can get you t the right area!
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yes, in TX you have to be employed to even get on the wait-list for childcare...BUT, if you qualify or already have TANF you automatically get childcare coverage.

Get in contact with the workforce commission, and the dept of human services, they can answer your questions best.

jsarah

Answer by jsarah at 5:56 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Just try a home daycare or church
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009