What color are strechmarks?

This may be a weird question, but I've seen some stretch marks that are white and some that are purple-y. I'm 32 wks. and don't have any (yet) but I see what looks like a light red scratch going down my butt/thigh and I wonder if it's a stretch mark. It's very faint and could just be a scratch, I'm not sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• pink,red,purple,bluish,white,silver .... lots of shades for the different stages.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• silver stretch marks???
    Anonymous

• like you wouldn't believe! i've seen them red with a white rash, blue with red bumps... there's no end to the possibility... it just depends on the elasticity of your skin and the rate at which you swell... how much moisture your skin can maintain, etc.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Your could just be the type of person that doesn't get any stretch marks. But to answer your question they are all colors, white, pink, purple, red. Well okay that's about it. Take your finger and run down your "scratch" if your finger feels like it has sunk in a little then it is a stretch mark that will grow. If your finger goes over it and if feels rough its not. ( when I say rough I mean like dry skin).

Hope that helps
    LizWithAvon

Answer by LizWithAvon at 1:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• All colors. Mine were bright red, looked like someone had dragged fingernails down the front of my stomach, and they always looked like they were about to start bleeding.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I think they start out red and turn every color before settling on a whitish or "silver" color. Every person is different. I didn't get any, but DH has them from a big weight loss about 5 or 6 years ago and his are silver.
    Anonymous

• They start out red, then turn purple and then when they begin to fade, they will get pink and then go white or silver looking. You cant see mine unless you look really good. They are basically white...but so am I so that helps...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009