Driving on interstate for the first time

I have to drive to the airport to pick my fiance up who is arriving from Iraq. Well the airport is 4 hours away from me and I have never traveled on the interstate before. I have always traveled on highways but never had to deal with the fast heavy traffic on the interstate. Are there any tips that would help calm my nerves while driving?

missthang42001

Asked by missthang42001 at 1:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Travel

• Oh please drive the same pace as the people around you. I know that its intimidating but you really put more risk on yourself when you drive slower than those around you. Stay in the right lane and only get over to pass. Youll be fine.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Stay out of the passing lane and you'll be fine.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 1:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Stay in one of the center lanes (do NOT get in the passing lane!), and keep pace with the cars around you basically. I drive on the interstate all the time and it's not as bad as it seems.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:13 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• stay to your right, that's the "slow" lane-but don't go under the speed limit. You'll do fine. =)
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• its not much different from the highway.. keep to your right, you'll do fine girl.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:39 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Thank you all for the very encouraging words and advice.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 14, 2009