Do you agree with this?

I read an article this morning saying that Obama is planning on reversing many of Bush's executive decisions regarding the use of torture, Guantanamo Bay and other controversial security measures.

Do you agree or disagree with this decision?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17365.html

Friday

Asked by Friday at 1:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a former United State Marine (as in, I served, not just my husand). I think that torture is the worst thing our country can do. Our morals and dignity should be much higher than that.

"They do it to us" is the worst argument I have ever heard. Regardless of what they did, they are still humans. We are supposed to be the most civilized country in the world. How does us torturing others reflect that?

And for the woman who attacked another branch of service, you should be ashamed of yourself. I bet you'd change your tune if a Navy man saved your husband's life, even on land. Yes, there are Naval personnel on land. Corpsman, for instance. They are on the front lines, saving the lives of wounded Marines and other service members! Perhaps you should educate yourself before you pop off at the mouth!
    Kaelaasmom

Answer by Kaelaasmom at 5:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It doesn't matter what I think. I think he will get into office and start to enjoy the power that Bush has left for him. Power is intoxicating. Granted, if he keeps these executive orders, I will view it as he is drunk with power. If he returns the powers to congress, I will see it as him washing his hands of responsibility.
    Anonymous

• Yeppers!!!!
    Anonymous

• Agree. Terrorist or no, they are still human and therefore have basic human rights. If we stoop to the level of....whoever tortures people....then we aren't any better than they are.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Hey if torturing keeps our Country, Country men/women, and any serving this Great Nation safe...I'm all for it. We have boundries on what we can do torture wise anyway...the loud music..the waterboarding...shoot...fine with me.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Well, anon 10:05 at least you are honest about your bias against Obama.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You're welcome.
    Anonymous

• I had not read that this was what he was planning. But I hope that he does. Bush abused the position he was in and perverted the oath of that office IMO. I am hoping that those denied the right to legal counsel during his reign are now able to get that basic right.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 1:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Of course.
    MsCreant

Answer by MsCreant at 1:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• 100 million billion trillion % DISAGREE!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009