Sleep Paralysis.... Nightly??

Sleep paraylisis has several different names but it all comes back to be described as an outer body experience. Your asleep and you wake up but your not really awake. You cant move, speak, or anything but you see everything in the room and some people even say they see themselves asleep and their "spirit" can move around the room. This has been happening to me since I was 17. I use to experience them sometimes once a month or once every 2 months, 3 months & then sometimes it wouldn't happen for a long time and I would be so elated thinking maybe it wouldn't ever happen again. Well recently it has been happening every night, sometimes twice in one night and it FREAKS ME OUT,

MomToFour247

Asked by MomToFour247 at 1:07 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Health

• continued..
    I am just so terrified. My heart is pounding out of my chest just writing this.. It's been happening for years and I haven't gotten use to this. It scares me just like the 1st time, everytime. I haven't been able to sleep thinking this it is going to happen. I have 5 young kids and I am soooo tired durig the day.
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Has anyone experienced this? Is there anything at all I can do to stop them? Thanks in advance!
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 1:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Sorry. I have experianced this but it's been years. It happened alot when I was living out of state away from home and again when I got pregnant. It is very terrifying because I would have auditory hallucinations also. I would hear people talking in the other room of my apartment and your right, you just lay there paralyzed. I would always try with all my might to scream or move but couldn't. Very scary. Mine just went away on their own. But they do always happen while on your back usually. Maybe try altering your position and some pillows around you to keep you off your back?
    Anonymous

• I went to my Pastor about them and got prayed for. It has stopped for me!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009