anxiety

does anyone else suffer from any anxiety disorders?
Did it get better or worse when you got pregnant?
Did you take any meds for it or just dealt with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it got worse and I dealt with it. Now that baby is here I am medicated, but I think i may stop cause the meds arent helping at all
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 1:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have a seasonal affective disorder, and was taking YAZ for B/C... I quit taking the b/c pills because had emotional fluxes that threw me off so bad, and was placed on a higher dose of Fluoxetine...generic for prozac. I conceived in July, and by the end of August (this is 2 months before we found out we were pregnant) I weaned off the fluoxetine... not needing it anymore... i think being pregnant has leveled out my horomones...

definitely talk to your OB
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:20 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• oh i am dealing with them NOW..UGH I have never had issues with anxiety before and not im having full blown dibilitating attacks. I just talked to my OB about it yesturday and she said that it can happen with pregnancy and some people get better or worse with pregnancy if they already had anxiety issues and some people can just develope them during pregnancy. She said there are meds for it that are safe for pregnancy but we both want to see if relaxation techniques and so on work first before that step is thought of...Good luck I know how hard it is to have them and keep feeling like you are a sane person
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:48 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have extreme anxiety. I worry about anything and everything. I take Zoloft and it helps tremendously. I feel like myself again. I've been on others in the past and Zoloft has by far worked the best for me. Oh and I'm 27 weeks pregnant and it's safe to take. Good luck!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009