leftside

Why is it so important to lay on your leftside? Does it really hurt to lay on your back some too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• doctors twll you to lay on your laft side, because it helps blood flow. i still lay on my back sometimes, and when i was in the hospital they didnt have a problem with it. you just should do it all the time.
    Anonymous

• shouldnt*
    Anonymous

• idk,before i was pregnant i used to lay only on my left side,now i cant even,i fall asleep on my right side and on my back,its not uncomfotable for me to sleep on my back i always do =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 1:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• laying on your left side is a surefire way to make sure your blood is flowing at its best. that direction is the way the blood flows naturally, and it reduced my numbing feet and legs at night by rolling to the left...

however, i have always been a side sleeper as is, but i have found that I am more comfortable laying on my left side, but putting a pillow behind me and leaning back onto it. it helps me breathe better, and i get better sleep. just find what's comfortable for you. if your body isn't getting good circulation, you will know, and you will move.

best of luck!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• My doctor told me to lay in whatever way that makes you comfortable.
    Anonymous

• My midwife said the same thing, lay however is comfortable, if I had health issues I guess she said that's another thing though.
    mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 1:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009