Heartburn

I have heartburn everyday. Did/do you and what did you do for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Zantac worked great for me. I had horrible heartburn the whole time I was pregnant. I could take one of these and my heartburn would disappear!!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have heartburn bad sometimes. Tums usually helps. Also drinking a cold glass of milk slowly helps me.
    Kellyboot

Answer by Kellyboot at 1:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• i have heartburn like no tomorrow. the only thing my dr said that is safe to take is tums or rolaids they work okand like the above post drinking a cold glass of milk helps to. Try not laying down right after you eat that might help. Id stay away from other antacids though they arnt known for sure if they are safe to take or not.
    Anonymous

• half a shot glass sized glass of vinegar. just throw it back real quick. it may taste nasty but i promise it works instantly!
    Anonymous

• I have heartburn so bad with this pregnancy that I have to sleep sitting up and I have since I was about 5 months pregnant. It really sucks but the only thing that really helped me was Mylanta that is what my doc to me to use if tums quit working and they did..maybe you could ask your ob what he would recommend. I am going to have to see if I can take something a little stronger because my heartburn is starting to get worse...this might be tmi but i am starting to get it so bad that I am throwing up nothing but stomach contents..yuck!
    LTLDEB

Answer by LTLDEB at 2:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I take Prilosec OTC everyday which is what my dr. recommended. I now have no heartburn whatsoever.(I'm 27 weeks)
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 2:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I did too, zantac, and tums, and the saying is true, if you have lots of heartburn your baby will have lots of hair. Mine did, she even had highlights, very cool.
    BriNiMom

Answer by BriNiMom at 4:03 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• tums they have become a good friend for me doctor said it was ok too take but ask yours before you do never know everyone is different
    greeniemommy

Answer by greeniemommy at 4:34 PM on Jan. 13, 2009