Hello I am a full time working mom and i am really considering leaving my job to stay home with my kids and open an in home daycare center and I need advice. Do you think it is a wise choice, or should i give up on the idea. I just need some advice from other moms on the subject. Thanks so much.Shanny1588

I have on daughter and i am planning in haveing another baby soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Having a daycare is a tough job, but if you are good with kids then you could be great. You need to make sure you look into other daycares and procedures you must follow. Most states have restricitions on daycares, including those done by individuals at home. Good luck!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 1:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Hello, I use to do daycare until I got my home based business going. Like the last answer, it is tough and a lot of state restrictions. I managed to get every bad child in my area. But it was not their fault, they had bad parenting! Now its just me and my daughter at home and a lot more time to do more with her one on one.
    If you would like some info on my home based business, IM me.
    Good luck with what decision you make!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You might look into direct sells! I stay home and make good money it is been just wonderful and 2 of the girls on my team have quit full time teaching jobs to work from home!! If you want to know more PM me and I can give you the details!
    bdba673

Answer by bdba673 at 5:04 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Does your current job offer benefits, such as paid time off, insurance, retirement? If so, DO NOT quit!!!! It will be really expensive to carry those costs on your own, let alone get time off. If you're sick, parents are going to be expecting you to care for their kids, since they are paying you to provide a service. You can't just call in sick as easily.

Also, don't be afraid to ask yourself that tough question...."can I really be happy being home all day with not just my own kids, but with other people's kids as well?"
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• yeah I thought about that as well a while back, and truthfully you need A LOT of patience, I mean I am sure you have that with your own children, but you have to remember you'll be dealing with other people's kids who ARE NOT raised the same way you raise your own. I personally would not have the patience, yes I have the room, activities, and toys, but to keep my wits end and avoid snapping at some little dis-respectful kid is waay to hard. Also with the discipline issue, you may spank your child where as you'd have to use the time-out method....... just too much of a change in overall parenting for me. Hope it works out for you though- Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 9:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2009