Long car journeys

For long car journeys .. what do you do to make them more interesting ?

How do you make long car journeys pass more enjoyably ?

RobynL

Asked by RobynL at 10:27 AM on Jan. 6, 2012 in Holidays

• We bought the dvd/tv things for the kids. That helped a lot because we make a lot of 9 hour trips a year. And we make sure they have some toys, and snacks.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:37 AM on Jan. 6, 2012

• Music & games I make a few cds with songs that my & dh love and we sing and sorta dance along with it. DS loves all music & he thinks its funny to watch us. When we get tired of singing we play games, most of the time it ends up being punch bug. I get a pen and paper and keep track and see who gets the most punch bugs by the time we get there.
    Other than that we just talk about random stuff. Once I brought a pack of cards with us that I got in highschool. not regular playing cards, they were question cards. All kind of random questions like, first kiss- when&where?, Your favorite tv show as a kid, something about your best friend you dont like. Would you rather be with batman or superman, catwoman or ___ (forgot the other person they named.
    Some of the questions was just silly. It made the time go by faster and sometimes we would answer the questions for eachother & then say why we thought that would be the answer they pickd
    jgreene92

Answer by jgreene92 at 10:42 AM on Jan. 6, 2012

• I just have plenty of toys, books, games & snacks at my finger tips =) this way my daughter is entertained.
    reindeergames

Answer by reindeergames at 10:47 AM on Jan. 6, 2012

• With a sullen teenage girl ?

How would u make more enjoyable ?
    RobynL

Comment by RobynL (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Jan. 6, 2012

• I just drove 8 hrs each way, by myself, with my 5 & 2 yr old. How did I pull it off? 3 words: portable DVD system.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:07 AM on Jan. 6, 2012

• My kids are 13 and 15. We just went to Boston over the holiday break, about a 4.5 hour ride. We have a dual screen DVD player and both kids have iPod touch with games. They also took a nap. I had snacks for the ride and we would make 1 or 2 stops.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:39 AM on Jan. 6, 2012

• silient toys and education electronics for my 2&3 yr olds. We take multiple day road trips and do not stop, we drive for 3 days or so. The kids do fine but I wouldnt say any of us find it enjoyable. Also take food and drink.
    GirlWithANikon

Answer by GirlWithANikon at 11:56 AM on Jan. 6, 2012

• we sing songs, listen to music, tell stories and try and also make it educational, our kids love to learn about old museams and parks and like to see different citys
    mrzjohnson26

Answer by mrzjohnson26 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 28, 2012