My 7 month old isn't sitting up?

She cannot get into a sitting position on her own and when I put her to sit up, she sits for a brief period of time before falling forward. Should I be concerned?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. All babies develop different. My dd could only sit unsupported early, everything else came around 9 months hehe. :) Don't worry about it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:26 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• No I think thats still within the normal range. My boyfriends nephew couldnt sit up when he was 8 months. Now hes 7 and is a perfectly normal, very smart kid.
    IsaiahsMommy515

Answer by IsaiahsMommy515 at 1:28 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have been a nanny to over a dozen infants in the last 15 years.  Your daughter is well within the normal range.  I have seen babies sitting up by themselves and staying upright for 10-15 minutes between five and nine months.  My son was sitting very well for a long time before he could put himself in a sitting position.  In fact, he crawled first, lol!  So he'd be crawling across the room and then need help to sit up.  That was hilarious!  They are all different and it sounds like your daughter is doing great sitting for a short time.  She'll get there soon.

DeTora_Family

Answer by DeTora_Family at 1:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• my son is 7 months too and has to sit with support. so don't worry
    franklynnsmom

Answer by franklynnsmom at 2:53 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Get the Bumpo and it will help strenghten her backs muscles and put the baby on its belly to also strenghthen your baby's back. Honestly though all babies are different so dont worry she will come around.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• honestly I dont think you have a thing to worry about but you could put her on her belly more or buy a Bumpo to help build her back muscles and give her something new to do. My son loved it and in weeks he sat up on his own.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009