getting baby ready.... washing all their clothes- pre arrival!

so im trying to get everything ready (only 3 wks to go) and all i really have to do is wash all of his clothes. i know i have to wash them all before he wears them, but what else should i wash? the recieving blankets to? i dont know!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• wash all blankets and bedding. Also anything cloth that is washable that the baby will be in contact with (i.e. stuffed toys)
    lindsey_25

Answer by lindsey_25 at 1:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• You wash everything thatll touch his body

Answer by gemgem at 1:31 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Wash everything! I even washed teddy bears..
    Anonymous

• Don't wash ALL his clothes. Just a few newborn outfits. What if you bring home a baby who doesn't even fit in that size? If you haven't washed them all, you can take them back and exchange them for a larger size.

Same thing with the diapers. Don't open them. Wait until you know if he's in the NB size or the size 1.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I'd do bedding blankets and burp clothes bibs and wipe down other things that can't be washed if they have been set up they might have a little dust settling in
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 1:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Honestly, I prewashed with the first baby, but soon realized it wasn't really that necessary. I think this is a case of over-reaction to germs and worrying too much about how sensitive the baby's skin will be. Most newborn clothes are very soft and made of "gentle" materials that won't irritate the baby's skin. I didn't prewash with the second and it didn't make a difference. (And both my boys have their dads sensitive skin) But, if you feel better prewashing, then I suggest only doing items that aren't packaged. (like clothes on the hanger) If its sealed in a bag/package (like most washrags, burp clothes, etc) then I think it will be fine without prewashing.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 13, 2009