How do I get my husband to say maybe to baby #3?

My husband and I have two sons who were surprise pregnancies. From the very beginning of my second pregnancy my husband said he did not want anymore kids and wanted to get a vasectomy. I really want one more baby in about 2 or 3 years. Every time I try to tell him that I want another one he just says no, no explanation as to why or a "maybe I'll think about it". I just want to know what could I tell him to get him to at least consider another baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would say just give it time. Ask him not to make a decision without you (getting the vascetomy), and ask him just to keep the option open and discuss it in a few yrs.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• tell him you'll do the vasectomy yourself if he doesnt LOL
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I would give it a rest for a while, but he should adventualy talk to you about it. Even if the out come is no more babies, he needs to respect you enough to have an adult conversation about that. Let him know that you are unhappy about the one sided desision. and most important, don't get pregnant on purpose if he has not agreed to it, it will not make things better.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 1:35 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• OMG you hear this post all the time...
    How can you get him................
    Something like having another child should be what you BOTH want...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 1:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Honestly if he is dead set against it there isnt anything you can do. A marriage is a joining of two people, and I don't think its a good idea to coerce or bully or trick someone into doing something they don't want to do. You wouldn't want to get pregnant and then have him resent you or the #3 child would you?

I know its tough to hear, but its probably better to focus on the two you have. Maybe if you get another surprise pregnancy he will be happy, but I wouldn't push the issue.
    brokenmelody

Answer by brokenmelody at 2:24 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I want my hubby to okay baby#2 and he won't! He is very busy with his work and fells like he doesn't have enough time with ours now must less another one. he wants to fully focus on the one we have. And although it breaks my heart that I may not have any more, I would never trick him, threaten him or anything like that and take the chance of ruining our marriage or resenting me or the baby! Just give it time and maybe he will come around and if he don't, then just be thankful for two that you do have!
    Anonymous

• It has to be 50/50 otherwise it's not fair to your husband
    Anonymous