do you let in plumbers when your alone at your house? =/

i had to let the plumber in..my parents wont be home until like 10 min.
do you guys ever trust plumbers?
this guy looks scary,hes talll and big lol..i feel so small and hes creepy =/

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yea, but I have a guard dog and I stay by the phone so if they were ever to try something my dog would eat them alive lol
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 1:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Not if I called for service. If the guy has credentials and a uniform from the company your parents called, then it would be okay with me.

IF you're still nervous, why not get on the phone with a friend, and talk/text in an open area of your home near an exit. Nothing is going to happen, but if it makes you feel better.

And WHY are you on CafeMom?!
    Anonymous

• lol@Apr1l...
    I'm lucky in the sense I know my plumbers like fmaily cuz we go to church together.. :)
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 1:43 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yep all the time. They dont bother me. I have a gun & tazer.

Answer by gemgem at 1:44 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I let our maintenance workers in all the time when something needs to be fixed. I am not about to wait or to make them wait until someone else comes home. I am a full-time SAHM. My husband works 7am till 10pm, 6 days a week. If I waited to let someone in until he came home, nothing would ever get done. People freak out too much about other people. Yes this plumber may be big and rough around the edges, but are you seriously going to judge a book by it's cover? My father was the most innocent and kind looking man...no one ever suspected him of raping me, but he did. Again, don't judge a book by it's cover.

Anonymous

• I do but I don't feel 100% comfortable. If I call them and have an estimated time, and if they come in the truck and have the uniform then I let them in. I know I should ask for ID but I don't.

Answer by Bmat at 1:45 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Yes. If one just showed up and I had not called them out then no way. When I call for one then yes I let them in. I check their paperwork and credentials. My husband works all week so unless we wanted to pay extra for one to come at night or on a weekend I will have to let them in.

momtoonecuteboy

Answer by momtoonecuteboy at 1:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• AH,CREEPY THING IS THE ELECTRICITY TURNED OFF 5 MIN LATER AFTER I POSTED THIS..
    I WAS ON THE PHONE AND THEN I HEARD IT ALL STATICKY I DONT HAVE A CELL PHONE,AND THE LAPTOP TURNED OFF TOO =/
    TO TURN IT BACK ON I HAD TO GO TO THE BASEMENT
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 1:54 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I love our plumber. Lmao. He's in his forties, a father of four and we sit and talk about his kids and he tells me funny stories about them from when they were my DS's age. =) But when I was younger, I was afraid of the plumber that used to come work on our toilets. I would get on the cell phone with a friend if you're uncomfortable and keep him in your eyesight at all times. If you Ma and Dad are going to be home in a few minutes, I'm sure you'll be fine.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:55 PM on Jan. 13, 2009