9 months and still not sleeping through the night.

He gets up at least twice to eat and changed once. Do I need to let him CIO? he is on regular foods at night he eats what we eat just mushed up.

Mom_2_a_Monkey

Asked by Mom_2_a_Monkey at 4:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My experience tells me that all babies are different! It just seems like some require more rest than others. I have a 4 year old that still gets up sometimes at night. I am too much of a softy to let mine CIO, and the times that I tried that, we were all miserable. Just remember that this stage will go as quickly as it came! Rest when you can, and good luck.
    PurpleNurples

Answer by PurpleNurples at 5:15 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have a 10 month old daughter who still wakes up once in the night to eat. I have come to realize that letting them cry it out a couple of times will help, but every kid is different. My twin boys started sleeping through the night at 5 months and my daughter is by far different. You could try putting him to sleep later and see if that helps. My daughter goes down at 7:30 and she will wake up either at midnight, 2 or 3, it changes everynight or sometimes she sleeps through the whole night. I have heard that sometimes you could feed him rice cereal before he goes to bed and that will keep him full longer. I hope you figure it out.Good luck!
    MamaOfThree86

Answer by MamaOfThree86 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• i give him oatmeal cereal in his bottle. and sometimes he goes to bed as late as 10 and still wakes at misnight and 2 or 3 and then between 5 to 7
    Mom_2_a_Monkey

Answer by Mom_2_a_Monkey at 5:43 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have a 7.5 month old that is still getting up at night also.. I have read recently that it is an attachment thing with them.. that once they are past 12 lbs they dont need to eat though the night. Mine usually if you put his pacifer back in his mouth he goes back asleep until like 4-5 and then he is up for good and has to have a bottle or wont fall asleep. They say in this magizine you have to just turn down your monitor and let him put himself back to sleep.. go in after 5 minutes and then after 10 minute intervals after that just to reassure him that you are still there!! I am going to start that here soon cause I dont know if I can get up anymore with this poorboy!!
    iluvtoscrap85

Answer by iluvtoscrap85 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• The baby should not need to be fed during the night. He should have his dinner and maybe a little snack before bedtime like a couple of baby cookies with his milk/formula. If he continues this pattern you will have a very spoiled child on your hands not to mention having an unhealthy weight for his age.
    How long does the baby cry? If he cries long enough (but not too long to make him sick)he may just realize that mommy and daddy aren't coming to get him and he'll stop. Good luck!
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 10:01 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I just thought of something else. Does your baby sleep during the daytime? Maybe he's not getting tired enough during the day for him to sleep during the night. Consequently when he wakes during the night his mind is programmed that he's supposed to eat.
    JuneL

Answer by JuneL at 10:05 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I have the same problem it just started my second son 7mo old is getting up 2-3 time a night I AM SO TIRED. If i give him a bottle he goes back to sleep instantly. Im doing it im letting him cio tonight im so tired he's 25 lbs and very active tries to walk been crawling for a month. god this is so hard
    momontherun32

Answer by momontherun32 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• he is taking naps during the day. he is taking less. we try to tire him out and fill him up on solids. i think its my fault and he is programmed to get up. I cant stand the sound of him crying. i get him.
    Mom_2_a_Monkey

Answer by Mom_2_a_Monkey at 2:50 PM on Jul. 18, 2008