Could my toddler have athletes foot

My daughter has red spots that look like are underneath the skin between her toes. On her big toe it looks lik its more clustery. It doesnt seem painful or seem to be irratating her. We live in WA so she always has socks or footed pj's on. Could this be athletes foot?

jjzmommy0903

Asked by jjzmommy0903 at 1:38 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Kids' Health

• it might be. It usually itches like crazy, and can crack and bleed. Does anyone have it in your house like you or your husband cause it can spread. It also may be from her feet sweating too much. Keep an eye on it. Maybe just prickley heat.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• If anyone in the house has been in contact with athlete's foot or ringworm, she could have picked it up from the tub. Not saying that's what it is...but it is possible.

(athlete's foot is a form of ringworm)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:17 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• It could be athletes foot. My son had a sore under his toe and he needed anti fungal cream, it was almost like a big blister and we did not even know it was there so it was obvoiusly not bothering him. Within a couple days with cream it was cleared up.

jordanmarie2000

Answer by jordanmarie2000 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009