how do i get him to sleep?

my son is now just over three years old, and gets on really well with my little sister when she comes to stay on weekends etc, but during the week i can't get him to sleep because she isn't there. any ideas?

courtneyy

Asked by courtneyy at 1:46 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I had to tough it out for a couple of night, I would read my kids a story..then send them to bed..its that easy now. But when I first started it my on would ask me to lay with him..or he would cry for water..maybe even try the "i have to go potty" thing a million times.. I would let him go potty if he asked told him no more water past bedtime, and lay with him for 1 min to explain to him it is bed time I am sleepy and going to bed..and let him lay there. He got up I put him back in bed..it only took him 2-3 night to get it..now my 2 kids go to bed at 7:00 exactly every night...and they pass right out....I love it
    machavampire

Answer by machavampire at 8:27 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Get a photo book or make one of him and his sister and let him take it to bed. Also maybe a phone call before bedtime would help.
    mommygirls2

Answer by mommygirls2 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 14, 2009