what to do?

Here is the problem. I usually pick a friend child up on Fridays after school. Well now Im having car issues and cant for the rest of the month. I explained this to her last thrusday. So she says ok I will have his dad watch him blah blah blah. So I said ok. Welllll she called me around 3 friday and asked me to pick him up. I said I couldnt and I had my son wait at the school with him (they both go to the same school) well I seen her come by my house she honked and went to pick her son up. My son said she was really mad cuz I couldnt go and get him. Let me tell you what this lady pisses me off cuz I do alot for her and she already knew I cant drive my car. The school is only like 5 min or so by car but if walking it takes about 15 min or so to get there. And I have 3 kids that no one could watch and Its a pain to walk with them I have no other means of transportation.

momof5kidz

Asked by momof5kidz at 1:49 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Let me add my son is in 5th grade and her son is in kindegarten. He offered to walk with him to my house and she said that she fears someone is going to kidnap him. So he does stay with him to keep him safe. She is the kind of person who is really overprotected mother. She dont put shorts on him in the summer cuz she fears he is going to get a cut or something. So she is scared of every little thing with her son. So I dont know what I should do. Please help.
    momof5kidz

Answer by momof5kidz at 1:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• How much of a friend is she if she reacts to your hardship this way? It is neither your responsibility to watch over or pick up her child. That is hers as a mom! And if she has a car, why isn't SHE offering to pick up YOUR child while your car isn't available? That would be the friendly thing to do. And why isn't she picking up her kid in the first place if she has a car? Or walking with her kid/both kids if its so close? I think she is taking advantage of your generosity. Call her up and explain that you will no longer be able to pick up/drop off her child unless you can work out an equal arrangement. A true friend would understand. But, it sounds like to me that she isn't a close friend any how and I would just stop interacting with her.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 2:52 PM on Jan. 13, 2009