• In the Spotlight:

is it normal

is it normal to not be interested in sex after kids? im still in love and attracted to my husband; but dont seem to be able to get in the mood. i am tired a lot due to 7 week old. not sure if this why or not

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I rarely like answering an ANON, poster, but as a Mom, and a female, I can say ...YES, unequivicably this is normal. You are now and been prepped to be in Mommy Mode, and your hormones won't gegin to calm, for another 2-3 months. I always say to be honest with darling husband, and find a time where it is just the 2 of you, to SURPRISE him with some LITLLE act of kindness(foreplay), just to reassure him, this is not about him. A marriage is soemthing to relish ,admire, protect,and honor, he is a Daddy too, besides a man with needs. I know you do not think you have even 1 minute...but 1 minute can show a person, how much you truly do love them...there is nothing more rewarding than being a MOM...EXCEPT being in a happy loving relationship with your husband....Just don't ignore, or allow him to forget.
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Well, I know for myself right after having my daughter, I was less than interested in having sex. Aside from having a c-section, I went through the "baby blues" thing, and was very emotional for a few weeks after having her. It was due to hormones getting back to normal , etc. You seem totally fine to me, having a newborn can wear you out! Not only is your body recooping from being pregnant for 9 months, you are adjusting to a newborn's schedule and finding you way through that. Don't put too much pressure on yourself, things will get back to normal in time. Just try to get as much rest as possible, and talk to your husband about how you are feeling....and hopefully he will be supportive of what you are going through. You are fine though sweetie, and congrats on the new baby! :-)
    nrth2sth05

Answer by nrth2sth05 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I was less interested too... you're body is pumped with adreniline (sp?) when the baby comes home and then there's just so much to do, and you're totally engrossed with the baby for quite a while and for me, I couldn't focus on sex because I was worried she would wake up, would choke, would stop breathing, would see what I was doing etc... and I was just more interested in her than I was in sex. Sad but true. Make some time for hubby and you to do some alone time knowing the little one is well cared for and spend some time adjusting as a couple with a baby.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:15 PM on Jan. 13, 2009