Help with birth control...

I'm 21 and will be 22 on Jan. 29th...I just had my first baby 3 weeks ago. In 2 weeks, I go back to my ob/gyn to select birth control. I'm still undecided on what I want. I know that I do not want another baby right away(maybe when my baby is about 5)...I want to enjoy my first baby and watch him grow. What kind of birth control are you using? What do you reccommend? What do you not reccommend and why? Mirena seems like a good one...if you have it tell me if you like it or not and why? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Health

• If you are looking at 3-5 yrs..I wopuld say consider the Mirena IUC. You have it inserted by the Dr..you don't have to think about it everyday or every month
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I have the mirena and love it. This is my second one. A bit costly but last 5 years. You will have some cramping for a couple of days and bleeding. After a few months I do not have periods at all. If you don't mind taking PO birth control Seasonal is a good one I've used. You have a period four times a year.
    morekids226

Answer by morekids226 at 8:59 PM on Jan. 13, 2009