Job question???

I work at the local hospital, and have been since Sept. I don't have a set schedule, and basically only work when people want time off. So I may work a lot one week and none the next week. So in my eyes I just don't think the job is worth it , if I don't have a steady income. Put it this way, around xmas time I worked 3 days in one week, and haven't worked since. Have to work 4 hours tomorrow. Hubby isn't wild on me quitting, but I honestly think that its only going to get harder in the future if someone wants me to work, being that my son w/ be starting school, and also trying to find care for my baby. It just doesn't really seem worth it to me. What do you all think?

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• For me its not worth it! Maybe talk to the hospital and tell them that either get a set schedule/ hours or you will need to find different employment.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• ditto armywife!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 2:16 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Thats exactly how I feel, but again hubby doesn't want me to quit. It wasn't even his idea that I find the job in the first place. I just thought that it would've been nice having the extra cash, but honestly we don't need it that bad.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Since you don't need the money a great deal, perhaps continue the present situation just to keep your foot in the door for when the children are out of the house and you'd like to be in the job market again. It makes sense to me to not burn bridges. :)

Answer by Bmat at 2:30 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• no way, don't bother. You may spend more on emergency child care when you get called in, than you would be making. Do something that makes you happy, and available to your kids.
    ketha04

Answer by ketha04 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 13, 2009