i had hyper toddler son. sometime it takes a long time before he get tired. how can i can stop him in playing games and get some rest or take a nap or bed time.

im always the one who keep his toys in place. sometimes, it makes me tired

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Set up a schedule. Make set times for toys, games, tv, etc. When the time is up, there is no discussion it's simply over. Don't let him play until nap or bedtime and try and drag him away from his "work". Make it clear and stick to it.
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Make sure he is getting enough outdoor play. I can definately tell when my kids start feeling "pent up". If they go out and run and play, they get their exercise and can rest better at night. The schedule is a good idea, too. Don't let him sleep to late in the mornings get him up the same time everyday and start a routine. Early in the evening, start a winding down time: bath, story, lights out.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 5:58 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• All toddlers are hyper. Also, the more tired a toddler is, the more "hyper" they act. If they get too tired, they won't sleep until they pass out. That's not healthy for him and will drive you insane.

Don't wait for him to get tired and stop playing before nap time or bedtime. Set up a schedule for him that has a quiet activity before naptime - like coloring. Then do a couple of things from his bedtime routine before putting him down for his nap... we read a few stories while we rock. Do the same at bedtime - a quiet activity followed by his bedtime routine and bedtime. His nap should start sometime between 11:30 and 1:30 - it varies by child. Bedtime will probably be between 7 and 8.
    When you put him down for his nap, put him down and come back in an hour - if he's asleep, leave him... if he's awake, get him up. When you put him down for bed, leave him until morning and go back only if you think something is wrong.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Mine don't nap but we do sometimes have quiet time. I let my son play (no blocks because they're loud when they fall) or read, and my daughter can play or read (she doesn't have anything loud in her room).

Before bed, we have a routine- bath, brush teeth, reading stories (this really gets them calmed down), then devotional, pick out a CD and lights out.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2008